June 20, 2017 in News
Scared to show your smile most days? Maybe you feel like there’s not an answer for your teeth. Maybe you think surgery is scary. Either way, there are many ways to tackle your fear of having a bad smile and cosmetic dentistry is your solution!
Cosmetic dentistry is a branch of dentistry that involves the repair of a wide range of dental imperfections. It helps in enhancing the appearance of your teeth and smile. Cosmetic dental problems can be properly fixed by your local dentist to give you the smile you’ve always dreamed about.
When Do You Need Cosmetic Dental Work?
Is your confidence fading away due to stained or discolored teeth? There are different teeth brightening procedures that dentists can apply to get rid of stains from the teeth. This will give you the white smile you’ve been looking for.
Are you experiencing discomfort and pain due to dental rots? A dental specialist will be sure to get rid of your decayed teeth. Fillings, tooth caps, or other dental prosthetic can conceal the imperfections and cavities. In extreme circumstances of dental rots, tooth extraction may be the most convenient way to get rid of your toothaches.
Do you have deformities in the ridges of your teeth or jaw structure? Such defects can bring about issues while talking or breathing. On the off chance that your dentist diagnoses you with this issue, they might recommend full mouth reconstruction.
Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
- Dental Implants: This is a procedure used to replace a natural tooth that has been damaged beyond repair.
- Dental Invisalign: This is a common procedure that is used to repair structural abnormalities in your teeth. Almost like traditional braces, this form of alignment uses a clear mold to straighten your teeth.
- Teeth Whitening: The most common cosmetic dentistry procedure patients want is teeth whitening. This is done to regain the natural shine and color of the tooth. The loss of the shine and natural color can be due to eating habits, excessive smoking, aging, etc.
- Dental veneers: This procedure is used to repair uneven alignments, tooth structures, cracks in your teeth, spacing between teeth that is uneven, and tooth enamel that is worn out.
- Dentures: Dentures are used to replace missing teeth. Dentures normally serve for a lifetime so this is an effective option for those who have several adult teeth that have fallen out. You must follow the instructions given to you by Dr. Chris Mott, or your dentist to give your dentures the care they need for a long life.
Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
Your teeth can be whiter than ever. With a few simple teeth whitening treatments, you can see a world of a difference in the color of your teeth. This can be done in as little as 30-60 minutes at your Shreveport dentist’s office.
You can enhance the look of your smile. Chipped or broken teeth don’t always have a good look. Cosmetic dentistry offers a solution to this problem. Your dentist will apply a layer of resin on the tooth to conceal the tooth structure that has been lost. Dental crowns can likewise be set on decayed or broken teeth.
No longer miss your teeth. A great number of people who lose a tooth may have issues biting or chewing. Created from porcelain, artificial teeth can be used in place of the missing teeth. This will have you grinning again in no time.
Boost your confidence. The vast majority of individuals who have chipped, broken, or stained teeth are forever discontent with their smile. You can restore your confidence and feel better about smiling after your cosmetic procedures.
Improve your dental health. Apart from enhancing your appearance, cosmetic procedures can help you to maintain healthy teeth and gums. Straightening, brightening, and reshaping your teeth can inspire you to become more concerned about your dental health and avoid food and drink that ruin your teeth.
Get Your Smile On
If you’re suffering from any dental defects and are wondering what your next step is, give your local Shreveport dentist, Dr. Chris Mott, a call today to book an appointment. We know the best smile is one you’ve always dreamed of, and we’re happy to help you find the perfect smile you’ve been waiting for.